Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Thought you might like to see this

This is what my books look like while I'm working on them. This is Johnny Doesn't Drink Champagne, Book One of my time travel trilogy, just after I completed the first draft. I've covered it with little sticky notes to remind me about stuff I have to fix. After that I listen to it, using TextAloud, and pick up heaps of typos and missing words, and after that, it goes to my editors, critique partners and beta readers. I ask a whole variety of people to look at it, and I try hard to listen to what they have to say. I like to know which lines made them laugh - and it's always great news if they picked the lines that I liked best too.

Just heard that my freebie e-book, the Lady and the Locksmith has hit #8 on the 'historical romance' list in the UK - which is fantastic news! It is stomping up the rankings at Barnes & Noble too, garnering lots of four-star ratings. It has the first chapter of Johnny Doesn't Drink Champagne inside, so if you haven't got yours yet, go grab a copy. I'm looking forward to announcing the release date of the time travel series. It's going to be so exciting! Time travel, with vampires, and an American girl falling in love. 

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations, not just #8 on the historical romance list but it also hit #25 overall on the Top 100!

    ReplyDelete
  2. TextAloud - a brilliant idea! What they eyes miss the ears may hear ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Cody! That's brilliant news, it certainly deserves to be so highly rated. And my wip looks similar - except I just scribble on the page itself, so lots and LOTS of red pen! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I do the red pen thing too! But the first page has already been through that phase. So much looking forward to reading your debut novel, Madeline.

    ReplyDelete